The Education Committee’s prime responsibility is to provide:
- proactive and reactive advice to QCEC in relation to government initiatives, specific funded programs, curriculum, including Religious Education, Religious Education outside Catholic schools and other educational matters referred by QCEC for advice
- all educational accountability reports required through QCEC
- broad educational positions for policy direction statements as requested by QCEC, or by way of advice from the committee to QCEC.
Subgroups of the Education Committee include:
- Indigenous Education Subcommittee
- Equity Subcommittee
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Subcommittee