The Finance Committee is the principal source of advice to the Commission on finance and resourcing issues including:
- Matters related to negotiation, distribution and accountability for the funding of Catholic schools in Queensland by the Commonwealth and State Governments
- Broad funding and financial accountability positions to inform policy direction
- Compliance requirements of relevant tax and other legislation with financial implications.
In 2012 the Finance Committee continued to exercise oversight over all financial aspects of government funded programs and ensure that there is an appropriate framework in place to enable effective accountability and compliance with any prescribed requirements. Additionally, the Committee engaged with a number of issues of longer term strategic interests for the Queensland Catholic school sector.
Subgroups of the Finance Committee include:
- Capital Programs Subcommittee
- Financial Contribution Assessment Subcommittee
- Capital Executive
- New Schools Working Party
- Trade Training Centres Working Party